A devastating fire burnt four business shops to ashes at Munshibari bazar under Ulipur upazila in Kurigram early hours yesterday. The loss was estimated more than taka 13 lacs.
Locals and shop owners said the fire was originated from electric short circuit in the betel nut shop of Ripon which engulfed adjacent Gas cylinder shop of Mizan Hardware, TV Refrigerator, furniture, mobile parts of Sadia Telecom.
After an hour getting information Two teams of Fire Fighters of Ulipur upazila rushed to the spot and brought the fire under control.
Station in-charge of Ulipur Fire Service and Civil Defense Saifur Rahman said two teams rushed to the spot and it was controlled after half hour of frantic efforts. The actual loss will be estimated after investigation.